The Best Hand Saws 2021 There are a lot of different types of saws, and it’s not always easy to know which one is the best for your project. The classic, original hand saw is also known as a panel saw, and it’s a great all-purpose saw. Hacksaws have smaller blades and teeth to cut through plastic or metal. A jab saw is long and slim with a pointed end, and it’s designed to cut through drywall. Pull saws and other woodworking saws have fine teeth and can make precise, narrow cuts.
No matter what kind of saws you have in your workshop, they are all less efficient and more dangerous if they are not sharpened properly. If you want to know how to sharpen hand saws, you’ll need a taper file and a saw set to reset the teeth. Both are available at any Amazon affiliate or other big box store.
Sand the saw to remove any rust from the teeth and make sure that they are all the same height. Use the saw set to align the teeth and then file them evenly. Keeping your saws sharpened and well-maintained makes them safer for you to use, and that’s important when you’re looking for the best hand saws for any particular project.
Stanley 515289 FatMax Heavy-duty Handsaw 22-inch
- 7TPI for Heavy duty cutting
- Teeth are precision set with increasing cutting efficiency by 30 Percent on both the forward and back stroke
- Bi-material handle screwed and ultrasonically welded for comfort and security
- Innovative 3 sided precision grounded teeth for razor sharp cutting
- Induction hardened teeth for enhanced longevity
GRÜNTEK Folding Hand Saw Shark, Camping/Pruning Saw. Satisfaction Guarantee 21 Days !!
- GRÜNTEK Pruning folding saw SHARK has a BALANCED long design of the handle that minimizes stresses with less effort during sawing The saw is light and has a straight saw blade of 180 mm, robust and stable
- With IMPULS-hardened PRECISION teeth, 7 teeth per inch and has a 3-dimensional cut per tooth
- Special toothing ensures efficient and long-lasting use for sawing of fresh wood; Trees, Clean cut, also suitable for thicker branches
- Good hand for LEFT and RIGHT hands Ergonomically curved long 2-component handle is comfortable and secure in the hand; Slightly bent grip and SOFT-TOUCH handles prevent slipping
- Total LENGTH: 400 mm; Saw Blade: 180 mm; Weight: 248 Gr
Spear & Jackson Predator B9822 Universal Woodsaw, 22 inch x 8 ppi
- General purpose saw for use along and across the grain, gives a rapid, clean cutting action
- Rigid blade minimises whip and vibration
- Suitable for timber, hardwood, chipboard and MDF
- Suregrip, soft-feel ergonomic grip and finger guide for accuracy
- Incorporates a useful 45 and 90 degree angle guide